Terms & Conditions
Service Provider & Representative
The Lungmar Remote Camp Private Limited hereafter referred to as "LUNGMĀR", registered office 675, U01, T/F, Krishna Apartment, Devli Extension, New Delhi, 110060, is the service provider. Snow Leopard Camp, LLC, registered office, 8, The Green, Suite A, Dover, DE, USA is the LUNGMĀR's representative in the United States and internationally.
Individuals booking a stay or a tour with the LUNGMĀR ("Guests") enter into a service agreement contract with the Lungmar Remote Camp Private Limited.
• We require proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative RT-PCR test.
• The Union Territory of Ladakh requires proof of double vaccination OR a negative RT-PCR administered within 96 hours of arrival in Leh for entry to the region for travelers.
• Guests may also have to take a rapid test at the camp. This is to ensure the safety of all our guests and staff.
General Health & Safety
• As the property is situated at roughly 3,900 meters / 12,795 ft, all guests must stay in Leh to acclimatize for 2 nights before coming to camp.
• Guests who do not stay 2 nights in Leh cannot be accommodated.
• Guests must be fit enough to cope with the rigors of altitude. Walking is the primary means of transport on most days searching for snow leopards. 4x4’s are available for drop-offs between camp and spotting locations - but cannot access the mountains beyond.
• The LUNGMĀR is fully equipped for altitude emergencies with a highly trained staff of several professional mountaineers, oxygen cylinders, and a portable hyperbaric chamber.
• Children over 12 are welcome at the LUNGMĀR when accompanied by adults.
• Unaccompanied minors (under 18) are not allowed.
• There are NO guarantees of wildlife sightings - especially with an animal as elusive as the snow leopard. Though over the past five years, every guest that has spent six days or more tracking the cats with our team has seen one snow leopard, if not a few. The more the days, the higher the chance.
• The LUNGMĀR assumes no responsibility for loss, damage, or delay in delivering baggage. baggage turned over to LUNGMĀR for transport is done so at the guest’s own risk.
• Any equipment, such as cameras, lenses, laptops, or other electronic devices are considered a part of a guests baggage. If a LUNGMĀR team member is asked to carry any such luggage and in the course of their duty they damage it, LUNGMĀR or the employee cannot be held liable.
• Luggage insurance is recommended.
• Guests are expected to comply with local laws and respect local traditions.
• If a guest is deemed unruly and/or in violation of local laws, and/or a risk to the safety of the group, we reserve the right to cancel the contract and stay.
• We are not responsible for further costs incurred by the guest.
• Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of “force majeure”.
• In these booking conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid.
• Such events may include, whether actual or threatened, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, kidnapping, robbery, burglary, industrial dispute, pandemics, epidemics, spread of infectious disease, natural disasters include earthquakes, fires, floods, nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, storms, the closure of international borders, imposition of travel bans or travel restrictions by governments, and all similar events outside our control.
Photo and Video Copyright
Any photos and/or videos produced by the LUNGMĀR or its representatives on tour are the property of the LUNGMĀR. The copyright rests with LUNGMĀR. LUNGMĀR can use any and all of this material for advertising and marketing purposes, including images where individual guests can be recognized, without any charge to LUNGMĀR from the guest for use of the material.
Passport and Visa Compliance
• International guests are responsible for having passports that have a minimum of 6 months remaining on their expiry and securing the required visas necessary for travel.
• The LUNGMĀR can advise on visa regulations and provide supporting documentation (itinerary and reservation confirmation).
• If guests are turned away by government authorities/ immigration when entering a country to participate in a stay or tour, LUNGMĀR will not be liable for any costs incurred, nor liable to issue any refunds.
The LUNGMĀR is responsible for providing the services listed in the stay or tour description according to the local standard and the accurate description of services offered in its literature.
• The LUNGMĀR is not responsible or liable for any accidents.
• The LUNGMĀR reserves the right, without prior notice, to withdraw any, part, or all of a tour and/or to make any necessary changes.
• Any costs, if and where applicable, as a result thereof, shall be paid by the guest.
• Furthermore, it is agreed and understood that the owners, operators and agents of this tour including the LUNGMĀR are not the guardians of any guest’s safety.
• In addition they, individually or collectively, cannot be held liable in any way for any occurrence connected to the operation or the guest’s participation on the stay or tour which might result in injury, death or other damage to the guest.
Printing Errors and Cost Revisions
• The LUNGMĀR reserves the right to correct printing errors or cost calculation mistakes at any time as well as make revisions to the Terms & Conditions as required.
Payment & Cancellation Terms
Payment Terms & Conditions
• 15% due 1 year prior to the trip or at time of booking if its less than one year (non-refundable).
• 35% due 6 months prior to the trip (non-refundable).
• Remaining 50% due 90 days prior to arrival (non-refundable).
• All tents are booked subject to final confirmation.
• For any cancellations due to COVID-19 related lockdowns or closed borders we offer a full credit valid for one season.
• Indian Goods and Services Tax (G.S.T.) is applicable on all bookings. This is subject to change without prior notice, as per current regulations. Any increase in taxes will be charged as per actual.
Cancellation and Amendment Policy
• Any amendments to a booking must be communicated at least 16 days prior to arrival.
• All modifications shall be accommodated subject to availability and standard cancellation policy will apply if the modifications result in cancellation.
• The property will not be liable for any refund of unused services due to bad weather, climate, flight cancellations, pandemics, travel bans, or any other forces beyond our control.
• No refund request can be entertained for unexpected departures or no-shows.
Not showing up for a stay or tour on the scheduled day of arrival will be considered a “no-show”. In the event that the guest does not show up at all, it will be considered a last minute cancellation. If a guest is delayed due to missed flights or other travel problems, any modifications to the itinerary will be charged. If no modifications are needed to the agreed upon stay or tour itinerary, such as new hotel bookings, new guiding services, etc, no additional fees will be added.
No refunds will be issued for missed days.
• Due to a short season, advance bookings, and only 10 tents, the property cannot accommodate refunds as rooms cancelled at a late stage are impossible to fill.
• Credit for future stays are available on a case by case basis.
Liability & Risk
By booking a stay or tour with us you and your group are indicating that you have read our full Terms & Conditions (https://snowleopardcamp.com/terms-conditions), including those pertaining to the booking of your tour, cancellation, baggage policy, and you are agreeing to the following waiver of liability.
All adventure travel is inherently risky, either directly due to the nature of the activities, or due to the area of travel.
You understand that the trip you are participating in has risks, including certain risks, which are inherent. Inherent risks are those which cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the activities. These elements can cause loss or damage to equipment, accidental injury, illness, or in extreme cases, permanent trauma, disability, or death.
Participating in this travel requires you to forever release, hold harmless and agree not to sue Lungmar Remote Camp Private Limited or Snow Leopard Camp, LLC and its officers, trustees, agents, and staff including employees, volunteers, and interns (“Released Parties”), with respect to any and all claims of loss or damage to person or property by reason of injury, disability, death, or otherwise, suffered by me, arising in whole or part from my enrollment, participation, or presence on this trip.
You agree further to indemnify (“indemnify” meaning to defend, and to pay or reimburse including costs and attorney’s fees) Released Parties against any claim by a member of my family, a rescuer, another traveler, or any other person, arising in whole or part from an injury or other loss suffered by or caused by you in connection with your enrollment, participation in, or presence on this trip.
These agreements of Release and Indemnity are intended to be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law and include claims of negligence, but not claims of gross negligence or intentionally wrongful conduct.
Booking a stay or travel and/or submitting a payment in conjunction with your booking will constitute acceptance of these terms.
Updated September 10, 2021